I love Amazon for the simple fact that I can randomly type in “4th of July leggings” with an expectation that such a thing doesn’t exist, then be pleasantly surprised to find that they do exist and have them delivered to my doorstep within 2 days. Well, now I’m dressed to host a 4th of July BBQ!
BBQ’s are tricky to navigate in general – it’s hard not to nosh on the endless chips, hotdogs, cakes and goodies. Here’s a healthy, quick and delicious blonde brownie recipe from scratch that you can bring and nosh on guilt free.
If you’ve read my previous White Chocolate Chip Nutella Swirl Applesauce Blonde Brownie recipe, you know that I’m a huge advocate for substituting butter with unsweetened applesauce as a healthy alternative. The high moisture content in unsweetened applesauce (about 88%) acts as a tenderizer in the brownies, meaning that they will stay moist and light days after baking, minus the greasy and oily coating. This, combined with the contrasting crunchiness of the Funfetti makes for some stellar brownies.
Armed with USA leggings, I’d say it’s time to get this party started.
4th of July Funfetti Nutella Swirl Applesauce Blonde Brownies from Scratch
Makes: ~24 brownies
Time to prepare: 10 minutes prep, 20 minutes baking
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- ~1 tbsp Nutella
WHAT DO I DO?
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch baking pan.
- Whisk unsweetened applesauce, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and flour until smooth.
- Fold in rainbow sprinkles and pour batter into the baking pan.
- With a butter knife, swirl Nutella lines into the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- If you’re in balls-to-the-walls party mode, sprinkle some more sprinkles on top immediately after you take the brownies out of the oven!